Thursday, April 16, 2009

UTAH TRIP...


Janet's Utah Friends
Angie, Julie, and Tiffanie

Jed's Utah Pals
Britt and Kate

Easter Morning at the Hotel

Jed with his Easter Basket

Janet and Jed Bowling

Mike and Jed

Jed and Aunt Laura

Mike helping Jed Bowl

Mike and Jed

Mike and Lucy (Laura's Dog)

Jed with his favorite dog Lucy

We went to Utah last week for my Aunt Helen's Funeral. Mike drove up with me and Jed and then ended up flying home on Sunday. We left on Thursday morning and stayed at the Courtyard Marriott downtown for a few days and then stayed with my parents for the rest of the time.

It was nice to see family that I hadn't seen in a long time at the funeral. My brother, Roger, gave an excellent talk at the funeral. All together it was very nice. We got lost on the way to the mortuary and so we missed the prayer. Of course! My cousin, Aubrie, made my Aunt Helen's famous peanut brittle. It was so good!

On Easter morning I set out Jed's Easter basket in front of our hotel door. He opened the door and was so excited. He said, "The Easter Bunny left me all these things to remind me of Jesus. I love my Easter basket." It was funny. We were just talking to Jed the day before about Easter and why we celebrate it, etc. I told Jed that the Easter bunny gives us things in our Easter basket so that we can remember Jesus and what he did for us. Apparently he got it!

We went to church with my parents in their ward. And after church enjoyed a nice and delicious meal by Marian. It was yummy. Afterwards, Mike had to leave for the airport. Amanda, my niece, Jed and I went to Laura's house to go on a walk with her and her dog Lucy. It was a nice long walk.

Monday Amanda came with me to visit my friends from my old neighborhood and ward. It was so fun seeing them. We got lunch at Haagermans and then headed over to Storm Mountain Park so the kids could play. It was so windy! But the kids didn't mind at all. Afterwards, Julie offered to take Jed home with her so Amanda and I could go shopping. Awesome! When we went to pick up Jed he did NOT want to leave. He was having too much fun playing with Britt.

Amanda and I went to see a movie Monday night, Bride Wars, and then got an Arctic Circle shake afterwards. Yummy!

Tuesday morning we left around 7:45am. We stopped in St. George and ate at Cafe Rio! We then stopped at State Line and went shopping for a while. We then stopped again in Rancho Cucamonga at the new Tai Pan Trading store. Of course I ended up spending more!!!

Anywho...thanks to Amanda for driving home with me. It was great to spend some time with her and have her added help as well. She had to deal with Jed while I was driving!

Hopefully next time I will be able to stay longer...I had to get home so my house could get painted...pictures to come!

1 comment:

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip! I miss the Utah girls!