Sunday, December 14, 2008

DECEMBER...

Julia, Jed, and Livy (my nieces)
Julia, Heaven, Livy

Liz, Jeff, Heaven (my sis and bro-in-law)

Another adventure at Disneyland
Jed with Pluto

Is Jed the new "Karate Kid" or what???
Look at those muscles...

I have to say that this year has been pretty great! I have all my Christmas shopping completed and everything has calmed down a bit. Heaven left us to go live with relatives on Friday the 12th. That has been a very bittersweet event. I, of course, had to take her to the county early in the morning and it was not easy to say good-bye. When you have a child reaching for you saying, "mommy, mommy" it doesn't make anything easier. Needless to say, Heaven and her social worker made it safely to New Orleans and I spoke with a relative there and she said she is doing well...sleeping a lot from the aftermath of flying and layovers in airports, but doing well. I was assured updates through e-mail so I will keep you all posted!
We have decided to go with LDS family services and the San Diego County for adoption this time. We feel that there is a child out there who is meant for our home permanently. And it is too hard to let these kids go! Jed has been very somber these past couple of days so we feel it is time to just solely adopt. But we definitely want to keep our options open down the road for fostering again. It has been an amazing experience that I would tell anyone to do if your heart is strong enough for it! I won't tell you it is easy, but it is definitely worth it!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!


4 comments:

One Sassy Princess said...

Amazing post! You have an amazing heart to continue this process.

Janet said...

I know you understand what I am going through! Thanks for your comment.

colleen said...

You are one of my heroes, Janet! Seriously. I think fostering is one of the most wonderful (and most difficult) things for people with compassionate hearts. Good luck with the adoption process...

anderson strong and growing said...

You are amazing. I know this is a hard time for the whole family, but these are the things that pull your family closer. Hang in there. We love you guys and will pray for you guys. Have a great holiday.